This 1972 Ford Torino GT 2 Door Hardtop Fastback (Stock # F11663) is available in our Fairfield, CA showroom and any inquiries may be directed to us at 707-419-8200 or via email at Sales@SpecialtySales.com.
Outstanding Pro Touring 1972 Ford Torino GT Fastback
New to our Benicia showroom is this beautiful, eye-catching 1972 Ford Torino GT 2 Door Hardtop Fastback with a PPG Lexus Blue exterior paint and a custom grey leather interior. This show-stopping example was a multi-year project by Steve Strope of Pure Vision Design and it features a monster Ford Racing 514 cid V-8 engine with Super Corba Jet heads, a quad dual intake, dual Edelbrock 4bbl carburetors and a close ratio top loader four speed manual transmission and Gear Vendors overdrive. Just check out the partial build sheet below to see the incredible quality that went into this spectacular build-
- Ford Racing 514 crate engine (M-6007-D514RT)
- 464.5 HP/454.5 lb-ft torque @ 5400RPM
- 10.25:1 compression ratio, 4.30-inch cast stroker crank
- Eagle H-beam connecting rods, Forged pistons, stainless valves
- FRPP Aluminum Super Cobra Jet heads, 2.20/1.76-inch
- Blue Thunder dual quad intake, Dual Edelbrock four-barrel carbs
- FRPP solid roller camshaft, 0.640-inch lift, MSD billet distributor
- Custom serpentine belt drive, stainless headers by Dan Fink
- Spin Tech mufflers, 3-inch oval exhaust tubing
- Close-ratio Top Loader four-speed manual transmission
Gear Vendors overdrive, Hydraulic Centerforce clutch
- 9-inch by Randy's Ring and Pinion, Strange aluminum case
3.70 gears, Detroit Locker, 31-spline Currie axles
- Custom adjustable QA1 front suspension coilovers
- Modified control arms, ADDCO swaybar
- Fatman Fabrications 3-inch drop spindles
- Red Zone Race Fabrication-installed rear suspension
- Full Frame Chassis
- Art Morrison four-link, swaybar, adjustable QA1 coilovers
- Wilwood 14-inch slotted and drilled disc brakes
- Bonspeed "Big Block" wheels 18x8 front, 20x12 rear
- Pirelli P-Zero Rosso tires, P245/45ZR18 & P335/30ZR20
- Eric Thorsen custom upholstery, Just Dashes recovered panels
- Redline Gauge Works reconfigured gauges
- Gold Coast Custom tucked front/rear bumper
- Planet Audio stereo and speakers, Vintage Air A/C
- Glide Engineering bucket seats, suede headliner
Countless Show Awards & Hot Rod Magazine Features
This 1972 Ford Torino GT 2 Door Hardtop Fastback was built by Steve Strope of Pure Vision Design in Simi Valley, California back in 2008 with all the customizations and more you see listed above. This iconic build nicknamed “Big Blue” was a true labor of love that was featured on the cover of the June 2008 issue of Hot Rod Magazine, and then again in their August 2008 paint issue. It won it’s class at the 2008 Grand National Show in Pomona as well and has gone on to earn extensive recognition of one of the most incredible Torino Fastback examples ever built. Big Blue was the inspiration for the Torino in the Fast and Furious movies.
Additionally, this 1972 Ford Torino GT Hardtop Fastback has been driven a mere 1,207 total miles since the restoration and is still in “better than new” condition with flawless body lines, glass, trim and interior. The underbody also stands out as new in appearance and this beautiful custom muscle car has been maintained at the highest possible standards for a classic of this caliber. The attention to detail in this precision build is above and beyond anything we’ve come across in recent years and this example is essentially show quality throughout. It must be seen in person to fully comprehend and appreciate.
Out on the open road, this 1972 Ford Torino GT Hardtop Fastback delivers awe-inspiring performance on par with many of the highest regarded modern muscle cars of the past decade. From the extensive horsepower and torque to the track-like feel of the custom suspension, you’ve simply never driven a classic that can directly compare. Literally every part and accessory on this classic is the absolute best that money can buy.
The Most Prestigious Build We’ve Seen In A Long Time
Overall, this incredibly desirable 1972 Ford Torino GT Hardtop Fastback is every collector’s dream ride since builds of this magnitude simply do not come around very often. It’s virtually impossible to determine a fair market value since the build costs go well into six-figures, and the notoriety of “Big Blue” alone makes this one of the biggest steals of the year. Don’t wait on this one- it will be back in a private collection in a hurry!
For more information about this vehicle, visit our Fairfield, California showroom, give us a call at 707-419-8200, or email us at Sales@SpecialtySales.com. Be sure to mention Stock # F11663 as well.
Legal Disclosures: Specialty Sales Classics has advertised and sold thousands of classic cars since our founding in 1978. We strongly encourage any and all buyers who are unable to view the vehicle in-person to perform a Pre-Purchase Inspection (by an independent party of their choosing) prior to the purchase. Given the age of many of our vehicles, it is extremely difficult to adequately describe all aspects of each vehicles condition in the limited space available and we have learned that these Pre-Purchase Inspections are helpful to all parties involved.
The information for this vehicle was provided by the current owner and it is not certified by Specialty Sales Classics. Therefore, it is in no way guaranteed as a basis of purchase. Any statements such as original or numbers-matching should be verified independently by the buyer prior to purchase.
- Premium or Custom Wheels
- Custom Paint
- Air Conditioning
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- Power Brakes
- Power Steering
- Aftermarket Radio
- Gear Vendor Overdrive
Fairfield, CA 94534
Fairfield, CA 94534