This 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger 2 Door Hardtop (Stock #F13484) is available in our Fairfield, CA showroom and any inquiries may be directed to us at 707-419-8200 or by email at Sales@SpecialtySales.com.
Truly Incredible 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger Hardtop
The next amazing classic up for grabs in our Fairfield showroom is this gorgeous 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger 2 Door Hardtop with blue exterior paint and a matching blue vinyl interior. You’ll find a period correct 340 cid V-8 engine under the hood that’s balanced plus bored .015 over with Edelbrock and other performance accessories, a Torqueflite A727 automatic transmission, cold air conditioning with R134a refrigerant, KBY shocks, front disc brakes, power steering, Mopar Rally wheels, LED headlights and far too much more to list. A partial list of upgrades includes the below items:
- 1972 340 engine, bored .015 over, with stock compression, new pistons and molly rings. Hughes performance camshaft. The heads have unleaded valves, hardened valve seats installed and were given a 3-angle valve job. The engine was completely balanced and had all new parts installed (Cloyes timing chain and gears, brass freeze plugs, Mopar Performance fuel pump, OEM water pump and housing, new oil pump, new motor mounts, etc.) Aluminum Edelbrock LD340 intake manifold and new Edelbrock Performer carburetor. Stock cast iron exhaust manifolds.
- OEM Chrysler electronic ignition distributor, custom curved for the cam. "Flame Thrower" coil. Billet aluminum HRR688 44K volt computerized ignition box with built in adjustable rev limiter.
- Newer chrome plated alternator and OEM power steering pump
- 340 suspension components including torsion bars and rear leaf springs with the extra leaf. Aftermarket 1 1/8" front sway bar
- A-body 8 ¾ rear end with 3.23 Sure-Grip
- 26" 3-core radiator. Auxiliary transmission cooler in front of radiator.
- New Firm Feel power steering box
- March Performance engine pulley and bracket kit. Clear powder coated aluminum
- Widened, powder coated 14" Mopar Rally Wheels (7 inches wide) with 225-60Rl4 BF Goodrich Radial TA's all around
- Original front disk brakes with rebuilt 4-piston calipers (new pistons) and newer brake hoses front and back. OEM vacuum booster, master cylinder and proportioning valve
Period-Correct 1972 340 V-8 Engine & Torqueflite A727
The current owner of this 1972 Dodge Dart Hardtop informs us that it started life as a 318 V-8 example that’s remained in tact throughout its lifetime with no accidents on file. It’s been with the same owner since 1999 and he tastefully restored it to its current condition, including the complete mechanical overhaul, fully restoring the vinyl interior, newer chrome, updated wiring and much more. A Sony CD/stereo with Bluetooth with front and rear speakers were also installed without cutting into the door.
Additionally, this 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger Hardtop includes the original broadcast sheet, data card, and a large file full of receipts dating back to the 1970's. This example shows nicely in person with only slight imperfections to be found both inside and out, with a super clean interior and engine compartment and a beautiful exterior. The performance is also excellent and thanks to the numerous upgrades, this classic muscle car can be driven and enjoyed in many circumstances. It would make a tremendous weekend driver to take in local car shows with.
One of the Most Outstanding Examples to be Found
Overall, this 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger Hardtop is an ultra clean, very well maintained example that’s been very tastefully upgraded for better performance and modern driving. If you’re searching for a highly original example that’s been taken to entirely new levels, then you must see this incredible classic in person before it’s gone. For more information about this vehicle, visit our Fairfield, California showroom, give us a call at 707-419-8200, or email us at Sales@SpecialtySales.com. Be sure to mention Stock # F13484 as well.
Legal Disclosures: Specialty Sales Classics has advertised and sold thousands of classic cars since our founding in 1978. We strongly encourage any and all buyers who are unable to view the vehicle in-person to perform a Pre-Purchase Inspection (by an independent party of their choosing) prior to the purchase. Given the age of many of our vehicles, it is extremely difficult to adequately describe all aspects of each vehicles condition in the limited space available and we have learned that these Pre-Purchase Inspections are helpful to all parties involved.
The information presented for this vehicle is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed as a basis of purchase. The Buyer should make a thorough, independent inspection and investigation of the vehicle prior to purchase.
- Custom Paint
- Air Conditioning
- Front Disc Brakes
- Power Steering
- Aftermarket Radio
Fairfield, CA 94534
Fairfield, CA 94534