This 1968 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia 2 Door Convertible (Stock #F13518) is available in our Fairfield, CA showroom and any inquiries may be directed to us at 707-419-8200 or by email at Sales@SpecialtySales.com.
Tremendous 1968 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Convertible
The next amazing classic up for grabs in our Fairfield showroom is this gorgeous 1968 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia 2 Door Convertible with red exterior paint and a black vinyl & cloth interior. You’ll find a heavily overhauled 2.0L four-cylinder engine under the hood with a 4-speed manual transmission and this highly desirable classic roadster is in tremendous overall condition throughout. Take a look at the partial build sheet below:
- New Crank Case w/ 78 mm Scat crank with genuine Porsche rods
- Lightened fly wheel, Berg Big Valve ported heads. Berg 44mmCramshaft
- Steel pushrods, high ratio rockets deep sump w/ high output oil pump
- fuel, pressure limiter & berg filter screen w/ warning light
- 12V Bosch alternator & high torque geared permanent magnet starter
- Custom Teflon oil and fuel lines, Bosch Ignition, Extractor exhaust manifold
- New upholstery, Empi steering wheel, Berg Shifter, custom powder coated muffler
- Custom powder coated roll bar, VDO Tach and gauges w/late VW speedometer
- AM/FM Radio w/ tape player, Oxygen sensor with dash display
- New steering box, rebuilt front suspension system w/ VW bug spring
- KYB shocks and steering dampener, Caster Shims w/longer high test bolts
- Custom wide 5 ½” wheels- 145R15 tires in front, 195R15 tires in rear
- Rear Camber Compensator, strong front sway bar, new front spindles bearings
- 1971 transmission with new 1st/2nd synchro’s & a late-model throw-out bearing
- Berg Posi-traction system, new brakes, hoses, master cylinder and wheel cylinder
- 1970 Ghia windshield wipers w/ modern blades, car cover and rear seat bottom
- Various publication, receipts and instructions included
Extensive Mechanical & Performance Upgrades Throughout
This 1968 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Convertible has been enjoyed by the current owner since 1980 and he informs us that he had it fully restored almost 20 years ago, including paint, body, a refreshed interior and extensively overhauling the drivetrain, axles, braking, steering and more. While it does have a largely stock appearance to bystanders, this beautiful classic has been taken to an entirely new level and offers dynamic performance, both on the highway and around town. It is an absolute pleasure to drive on the open road and it is easily one of the most impressive examples we’ve seen in years.
In terms of present condition, this 1968 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Convertible does show a few minor scratches to the exterior paint across an otherwise stunning body. The engine compartment is still very well sorted as well with only minor blemish, while the custom interior shows some age from being frequently enjoyed. It does appear that this classic has been maintained at very high levels over the years and we have ample receipts on file as well.
A Fantastic Overall Value at the Current Asking Price
Overall, this 1968 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Roadster is the ultimate high-end driver for one lucky collector; the build quality is second to none with fantastic performance and excellent curb appeal. It is an absolute steal at the current asking price and we do not expect for it to remain available for long. For more information about this vehicle, visit our Fairfield, California showroom, give us a call at 707-419-8200, or email us at Sales@SpecialtySales.com. Be sure to mention Stock # F13518 as well.
Legal Disclosures: Specialty Sales Classics has advertised and sold thousands of classic cars since our founding in 1978. We strongly encourage any and all buyers who are unable to view the vehicle in-person to perform a Pre-Purchase Inspection (by an independent party of their choosing) prior to the purchase. Given the age of many of our vehicles, it is extremely difficult to adequately describe all aspects of each vehicles condition in the limited space available and we have learned that these Pre-Purchase Inspections are helpful to all parties involved.
The information presented for this vehicle is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed as a basis of purchase. The Buyer should make a thorough, independent inspection and investigation of the vehicle prior to purchase.
Fairfield, CA 94534
Fairfield, CA 94534