This 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu SS Tribute 2 Door Hardtop (Stock # P10407) is available in our Pleasanton, CA showroom and any inquiries may be directed to us at 925-484-2262 or by email at Sales@SpecialtySales.com.
Beautiful SS Tribute 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Hardtop
New to our Pleasanton showroom is this 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 2 Door Hardtop completely overhauled into a high end SS Tribute within the last 500 miles. It is freshly painted in two-stage blue with a black vinyl interior and you’ll find a 396 cid V-8 engine under the hood with headers, a 770cfm Street Avenger carb, an electronic ignition, Flowmaster mufflers, lots of chrome accessories and a 700R4 automatic transmission. This gorgeous muscle car also has A/C, Wilwood disc brakes, 18” polished wheels with BF Goodrich G-Force tires and so much more, with virtually every component being new or rebuilt within the last 500 miles. Check out the partial build sheet below on this ultra-impressive clone-
- New Rebuilt 396 CID, 375 HP With Isky Cam Installed 09/11/17
- New Holley 770cfm Street Avenger Carburetor, Aluminum Intake Manifold
- New Aluminum Radiator, Headers, Serpentine Belt System, Reverse Water Pump
- New Rebuilt Alternator, Fuel Pump, A/C Compressor, Condenser with Electric Fan
- New Dual Electric Radiator Fan (4380 cfm), Electronic Ignition, High Index Starter
- New Chrome Air Cleaner, Chrome Valve Covers, Optima Gel Cell Battery, Flow Master Mufflers
- New Rebuilt 700R4 Transmission, Hughes Performance Torque Converter (Stall 2200-2500)
- New Transmission Cooler, New Rebuilt 12 Bolt Differential Positraction, 3:55 Gears
- New Wilwood Disc Brakes, Dual Chamber Master Cylinder, Vacuum Brake Booster
- New Procar Bucket Seats, Center Console with new Horseshoe Shifter
- New 3 Point Seat Belts Front Only, Covan Simulated Carbon Fiber Dash
- New Autometer Short Sweep Electric Gauges, Factory Through-the-dash Air Conditioning
- New Urethane Paint with Clear Coat, New Headliner and Carpet, Sound System With 4 Speakers
- New 18” Polished Aluminum Rally Wheels & BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 Tires
- Tread Width Rear 10”, Tread Width Front 9”, New Wheel Alignment
- New Bushings Front End, New Weather-stripping, New Wiring Throughout
Fresh High End Build w/ Less Than 500 Total Miles
The current owner of this 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu SS Tribute informs us that it has been enjoyed by three different California families over the years and with him since 2006. He also shared that this outstanding muscle car underwent a complete restoration this year that included show quality paint, body work, refreshing the interior, and replacing or rebuilding all of the mechanicals, including all hoses, belts, gauges, the braking system and all wiring. This build took ten years to complete and this desirable classic has only been driven short distances for testing purposes since that time.
Although there are some slight signs of wear to the interior seating and other areas of this 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu to prevent it from being textbook “perfect”, it drives like a brand new muscle car and looks incredible in person. In fact, the current owner has taken it to two different local shows in recent months and has already brought home a First Place trophy. The levels of wear are almost negligible compared to the outstanding quality found throughout this vehicle.
Additionally, this 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu SS Tribute is a true pleasure to drive on the open road with world class acceleration and handling. Extensive performance upgrades have been made to the drivetrain, exhaust, suspension, rear axle, wheels and braking to make this one unbelievably fast at virtually any speed. The convenience upgrades like new air conditioning, fresh gauges and the Horseshoe shifter make this one an excellent candidate as a high-end daily driver as well.
A Gorgeous Trophy Winner Ready to Enjoy
Overall, this 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Hardtop is one of the nicest built tributes that we’ve seen this year and it’s available at an unbeatable asking price. Just the components alone would cost you more than this entire muscle car, so you’re not likely to find a more pristine, world-class example anywhere in this price range. This one will not remain available for long. For more information about this impressive vehicle, visit our Pleasanton, California showroom, give us a call at 925-484-2262, or email us at Sales@SpecialtySales.com. Be sure to mention Stock # P10407 as well.
Legal Disclosures: Specialty Sales Classics has advertised and sold thousands of classic cars since our founding in 1978. We strongly encourage any and all buyers who are unable to view the vehicle in-person to perform a Pre-Purchase Inspection (by an independent party of their choosing) prior to the purchase. Given the age of many of our vehicles, it is extremely difficult to adequately describe all aspects of each vehicles condition in the limited space available and we have learned that these Pre-Purchase Inspections are helpful to all parties involved.
The information presented for this vehicle is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed as a basis of purchase. The Buyer should make a thorough, independent inspection and investigation of the vehicle prior to purchase.
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Pleasanton, CA 94566