This 1966 Ford A/C Cobra 2 Door Roadster (Stock # P10006) is available in our Pleasanton, CA showroom and any inquiries may be directed to us at 925-484-2262 or by email at Sales@SpecialtySales.com.
Gorgeous 1966 Ford A/C Cobra Replica
Up for sale today is an incredible 1966 Ford A/C Cobra replica 2 Door Roadster with Candy Apple Red paint and a black interior. It features a heavily modified 427 side oiler V-8 engine under the hood with a C-6 transmission and this gorgeous sports car is completely loaded with high end accessories to squeeze out every ounce of performance. Please see the built notes at the bottom of the page for additional information.
Authentic 427 Side Oiler Engine
The current owner of this 1966 Ford A/C Cobra informs us that it was built in 1981 and tiled as a 1966 Ford Cobra. He also states that the 1968 427 engine was modified .30 over and blueprinted, then given a Ford aluminum intake, twin 600 CFM Holley carbs, a high volume oil pump and a cross-drilled crankshaft for over 500 HP in this lightweight vehicle. He states that on the track it will turn low 11s in the quarter mile, and that it is an exhilarating ride through the city as well. This is definitely a sports car thats easy to fall in love with.
The owner also tells us that this 1966 Ford A/C Cobra has taken home several 1st place finishes in shows across the country. It has been featured in Kar Kraft magazine as well, and possibly the largest compliment it has received came from Mr. Carol Shelby himself. He saw this gorgeous sports car at a show several years ago and began to comment on how great the vehicle was, when someone in the crowd informed him that it was built by ERA. Surprised, Shelby studied the vehicle much more closely and finely commented, Ill be darnedthats how incredibly well this A/C Cobra is built.
Dominates On Track or On Stage
Overall, this 1966 Ford A/C Cobra is in incredible condition and it delivers excellent performance. It would be difficult to find a more genuine high-caliber build anywhere near the current asking price. For more information about this vehicle, visit our Pleasanton, California showroom, give us a call at 925-484-2262, or email us at Sales@SpecialtySales.com. Be sure to mention Stock # P10006 as well.
The information presented for this vehicle is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed as a basis of purchase. The Buyer should make a thorough, independent inspection and investigation of the vehicle prior to purchase.
- California Titled 1966 Ford (Built in 1981)
- Body: fresh off the line #8 by ERA MFG.
- Engine: 427 side oiler
- Transmission: C6 with TCI hole shot torque converter
- Mileage: 31,700
- Color: Candy Apple Red Acrylic enamel with 6 coats of clear and white LeMans racing stripes.
- Professionally built and heavily modified .30 over and blue printed 1968 427 FE block which was "standard," cross drilled crank shaft for better oiling.
- On top is a Ford aluminum intake with twin 600 CFM Holley carbs. 8 quart road race oil pan, TRW high volume oil pump keeping everything lose and easy moving.
- Approx. $6,000 on the complete rebuild of this 427 side oiler producing over 500hp.
- Every measurement of each engine part was recorded in the thick 4" binder with all the specs and receipts for authenticity.
- Original Jaguar posi traction rear end with a 3: 54 ratio.
- Quarter mile times in low 11s
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Pleasanton, CA 94566