This 1965 Ford Mustang GT Clone Convertible (Stock # R12038) is available in our Redwood City, CA showroom and any inquiries may be directed to us at 650-276-5400 or via email at Sales@SpecialtySales.com.
Immaculate 1965 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Clone
For those who insist on investing in only the best of the best, this gorgeous 1965 Ford Mustang GT Clone 2 Door Convertible will likely get your attention. After a multi-year rotisserie restoration, the stunning showpiece before you features a fully restored 70 Mustang GT 302 engine with a high performance 289 cam, an Edelbrock intake, a Holley 600 aluminum carb, a 4-speed manual transmission and far too many other top shelf accessories to name. Please see below for additional details on this breathtaking build.
Complete Rotisserie Restoration w/ Best Possible Upgrades
The current owner of this 1965 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Clone informs us that it has undergone a complete rotisserie restoration within the last 35k miles to return it to true showroom quality. Everything from the show-quality paint to the wood-grain interior to the extensive drivetrain upgrades were performed to make this one an incredible competitor, while keeping the overall feel as close to original as possible. In fact, this one received every GT upgrade during the restoration and most of the GT350 upgrades as well, always using original (restored) or OEM parts to keep it true to form.
Additionally, this 65 Mustang started its life in San Jose as a V-8 with a 2bbl carburetor and an automatic transmission (Burgundy w/ black interior/top), so this was a considerably long restoration to create the perfection thats before you today. This Mustang GT clone runs and drives excellent as well, with a top speed about 140 mph with the top down and not a shake or a rattle to be found. For all intents and purposes, this is practically a brand new, 50 year old muscle car.
A True Best in Show Candidate at an Unbeatable Price
Overall, this 1965 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Clone is one of the nicest weve seen this year and it has Best in Show written all over it. It would be difficult to build this beauty at twice the current asking price, so do not let this steal of a lifetime slip through your fingers. For more information about this vehicle, visit our Redwood City, California showroom, give us a call at 650-276-5400, or email us at Sales@SpecialtySales.com. Be sure to mention Stock # R12038 as well.
The information presented for this vehicle is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed as a basis of purchase. The Buyer should make a thorough, independent inspection and investigation of the vehicle prior to purchase.
- 1970 Mustang GT 302 with HI performance 289 cam and hydraulic lifters
- Edelbrock Performer 289 aluminum intake manifold
- Holley 600 aluminum carb and Holley aluminum fuel pump
- Northern aluminum 4 row radiator
- Hi Flo aluminum water pump
- Hi performance 289 cast iron headers and dual exhaust with rear trumpets
- Pertronix electronic ignition in distributor for improved reliability and power
- Hi performance clutch equalizer
- Top Loader 4 speed with Hurst Competition Plus shifter and linkage
- 2012 Ford Cobra blue metallic paint job, undercarriage and engine bay painted to match
- Cowl removed and painted underneath to prevent rusting
- Assembled with all stainless steel fasteners and stainless brake and fuel lines
- Custom made frame rail extensions to reduce body twisting
- Trunk mounted battery and solenoid with removable cutoff switch for theft protection
- Reinforced shock towers, front disc brakes, heavy duty suspension, quick ratio steering (manual)
- OEM style fog lights
- All GT options and some GT 350 options
- Lakewood scatter shield from a 1966 GT 350
- 9 inch rear end with 3.25 limited slip gears and all new seals and axle bearings
- New Torque Thrust D rims with new BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires
- Front Disc Brakes with new Wilwood tandem master cylinder
- All new Palomino Tan Pony interior with 5 gauge GT wood grain instrument cluster
- OEM tan center console with wood grain inserts
- GT doors with door speakers and Pony door panels
- Brand new Black Stayfast cloth top just installed
- New Retro sound 200 Watt system with front aux for IPOD
- Special 70 series BF Goodrich inflatable spare tire that has never been used (NOS)
Redwood CIty, CA 94063
Redwood CIty, CA 94063