Exceptional '65 Superformance MKIII Cobra Roadster finished in eye-catching Yellow with Black stripes over Black interior. This Cobra was just registered under California's smog exempt SB100. It is powered by a Engine Factory Ford Windsor 408W/485HP polished crate motor with approx 3k miles, 5 speed manual transmission with a Jordan shift lever and Steda CNC-machine billet aluminum short throw shifter with "offset-preload" coils springs to ensure no gears will be missed. It rides on Aluminum pin drive Halibrand style knock-off wheels with new Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R tires. Soft top and car cover are included to keep this machine looking pristine.
The Superformance MK III is the only Cobra replica built under license from Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc.
"There's an exception when it comes to Jimmy Price and Lance Stander. Superformance International makes replica Cobras in South Africa and calls the two-seat roadster they build the MKIII. It's not a true Shelby, but I've endorsed and licensed the car for being as close to correct and well-built as possible." - Carroll Shelby (Octane, Oct. 2006
- Precision machined 351W roller block
- Eagle cast steel crankshaft 4.00 inch stroke
- Steel beam connecting rods with 190,00 PSI hardened bolts
- SRP forged pistons 10:1 compression
- Prefect Circle chrome moly piston rings
- 3-piece steel double roller style timing chain
- Hydraulic steel Comp Cams roller camshaft
- Melling oil pump and screen
- Edelbrock RPM aluminum heads 60cc combustion chamber with bronze guides
- Stainless steel swirl polished intake and exhaust valves
- Heavy duty 1.45 diameter valve springs, 7 degree locks
- Comp Cams roller rockers
- Heavy duty chrome moly push rods
- Chrome front sump 5qt oil pan
- Timing chain cover with scale
- Aluminum polished baffled valve covers
- Heavy duty automatic flywheel
- Edelbrock Endurashine air gap dual plane intake manifold
- Holley Street HP 650cfm double pumper carburetor
- 8mm Accel Silicone wires
- Chrome 14" Air Cleaner with PVC Ventilation System
- Blueprinted and assembled by ASE technicians
Legal Disclosures: Specialty Sales Classics has advertised and sold thousands of classic cars since our founding in 1978. We strongly encourage any and all buyers who are unable to view the vehicle in-person to perform a Pre-Purchase Inspection (by an independent party of their choosing) prior to the purchase. Given the age of many of our vehicles, it is extremely difficult to adequately describe all aspects of each vehicles condition in the limited space available and we have learned that these Pre-Purchase Inspections are helpful to all parties involved.
The information presented for this vehicle is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed as a basis of purchase. The Buyer should make a thorough, independent inspection and investigation of the vehicle prior to purchase.
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Pleasanton, CA 94566